Hire Desk Administrator – Salary: Negotiable
Reports To – The Hire Desk Administrator will report to our National Hire Director and Hire Manager.
- Carry out all administration duties to ensure the smooth, efficient running of our head office hire desk. To ensure all telephone enquiries are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner, and to ensure that all hire quotations are dealt with promptly and followed up on as necessary. Finally, receiving vehicle breakdown reports and managing them promptly to ensure there is minimal downtime for our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to email and phone enquiries in an efficient and professional manner.
- Quote hire rates to customers.
- Load bookings onto the IT systems.
- Process off hires, hire extensions and vehicle exchanges – including email notifications to customers.
- Manage vehicle breakdowns, update the system, and keep customers informed.
- Update our Vehicle Day Sheet along with other systems such as MID.
- Driver/transport planning if required.
- New customer account set up on IT systems.
- Ensure all paperwork is checked and filed correctly.
- Hire industry and customer service experience required, however, full training will be provided.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective administration, planning and organisational skills with strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work closely within a small team, supporting colleagues on a day-day basis.
- Strong IT/Computer skills. Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook & experience of database entry.
- Knowledge of the HGV industry is preferred, but not essential.
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:30pm. (Full time)
How to Apply?
If you feel as though you’re a good fit for the job, you can apply today. Applications should be made in writing and/or via email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please either enclose or attach your CV when you send your application. For other vacancies, keep an eye out for our careers page.
Find out more about N.D Brown.
About ND Brown
ND Brown Ltd is a specialist independent truck rental and sales company of over 40 years’ standing. Owned and operated by the same dedicated management team since its inception, ND Brown’s efforts are focused on supplying the utility, civil engineering, municipal and highway maintenance industries with high-quality modern HGV vehicles for both short and long-term self-drive hire.
From our sales division, we also sell a wide, but specialised range of new and used commercial vehicles.
Please call us on 01902 791991 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org