For over forty years, N.D Brown has been the UK’s leading provider of industrial and commercial vehicles. Our fleet includes over 150 vehicles, and our depots stretch from Kent to Stirling to Belfast, meaning we can comfortably service the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Following a period of commercial growth, N.D. Brown has decided to bring in a Hire Desk Controller to join our team in our busy Wolverhampton Head Office.
We’re looking for someone who can play a key role in the daily/weekly running of our Head Office’s hire desk. You’ll be ensuring all telephone enquiries are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner and that all customer enquiries are dealt with promptly and efficiently. You’ll also be ensuring that all enquiries are followed up on as necessary.
- Familiarity with HGV commercial vehicle or plant hire industries.
- Hire industry and/or customer service experience is essential.
- Data entry experience is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responding to email and phone enquiries professionally.
- Quoting hire rates to customers from our schedules and framework agreements where applicable.
- Processing bookings, off-hires, extensions, and vehicle exchanges in our hire IT systems – including notifications to customers.
- Managing vehicle breakdowns, updating the systems, and keeping customers informed.
- Updating our Vehicle Day Sheet along with other systems such as MID.
- Daily / Weekly Driver and transport planning.
- Documenting the ‘on-boarding’ of new vehicles.
- Ensuring all paperwork is checked and filed correctly.
- Providing help and guidance to administrative team members.
- Holding continuous dialogue with other departments and team members nationally.
- Ensuring the Hire Team continuously delivers the highest level of customer service.
- Providing advice and guidance to customers, helping them hire the correct vehicle type and variant.
- Maintaining client portals. Resolve Invoice & compliance issues as required.
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of vehicle collection & delivery.
- Maintaining vehicle compliance documentation.
The ideal candidate should…
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional telephone manners.
- Possess first-class organisational skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate effective administration skills.
- Be highly organised.
- Possess an eye for detail.
- Be able to work closely within a small team.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and be able to adapt to frequent changes in business requirements.
- Be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Possess strong IT/computer skills. This includes a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Possess the ability to work with company processes and procedures in mind.
- Monday – Friday. 8 am – 5:30 pm (Full Time)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Competitive Salary
- Hire Manager
How to Apply?
If you feel you’re a good fit for this role, you should apply today. Applications should be made via email to both firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please attach your CV when you send your application.
For other vacancies, keep an eye out for our careers page.
About ND Brown
ND Brown Ltd is a specialist independent truck rental and sales company of over 40 years’ standing. Owned and operated by the same dedicated management team since its inception, ND Brown’s efforts are focused on supplying the utility, civil engineering, municipal and highway maintenance industries with high-quality modern HGV vehicles for both short and long-term self-drive hire.
From our sales division, we also sell a wide, but specialised range of new and used commercial vehicles.
Please call us on 01902 791991 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org